Monday 18 February 2008

palm reading

my experience



By Prof.Narendra Nayak

Vienna, Monday, February 18:Although he calls
himself just Narendra, people address him as
Dr.Prof.which I incorporated,please do not blame
him for that.Prof.Narendra Nayak is a practicing
rationalist dedicated to eradicating superstitions.
Particularly in India.He keeps touring all over to
open the eyes of the public. In other words, he
exposes like modern Paul Brenton the Eastern
Wudoo culture for what it is worth.The monkey
trick, is monkey trick call it by any name is the
message.Kulamarva Balakrishna

His text: The "science"

From the foot path to the five star Hotel, from the
maidan to the board room, we have a tribe of people
who believe all sorts of mumbo jumbo. Palmistry is
one of such. We are told that it is a very scientific
analysis of the type of the palm, the lines, the whorls
and the swirls and such rubbish. But, if one takes a
close look at the practitioners of this "science" one
thing that we can be sure is that they are con men of
the first order. What they do is read the body language
of the unsuspecting victim and deduce the answers out
of them. Most of the gullible do not understand that
and fall a prey to such.

The "science" of palmistry has two schools the Indian
and the western. Regardless of whatever they say,
both of the schools depend on only one thing- they read
the body and the palm! While we have no eminent
authorities in India, the western literature boasts of
Cheiro- the world renowned palmist who is supposed
to have published several volumes on the subject. I for
one had been very much interested in this and have
some very interesting experiences. As school boy, I
was an avid reader of the books of Cheiro and had
become well versed in reading palms. My first
instance of this was the experience of two of my
cousins, who had been to a well known palmist.
The elder one thrust his palm under the nose of the
palmist and asked him, tell me among us who is the
doctor and which one is the engineer. The astrologer
replied that he, who had put the query, was the doctor
and the other one was the engineer. The other man
protested he was not an engineer, but a chartered
accountant- the palmist said that he was not wrong
because both engineers and chartered accountants
do the same thing- calculations!

When I was about 25 years old I had an occasion to
check out on another palmist. My friend was owning
a textile shop on the light house hill road and when
I went there one early morning I saw one of his
salesmen having a vigorous discussion with a palmist-
at that time, a breed of palmists wearing white and a
Gandhi cap used to go round the city they used to be
from the other side of the ghats and in the Dakshina
Kannada terminology- gowdas. The salesman was
nodding his head and seemed to agree with everything
that the palmist said. After the session was over very
satisfactorily as I could see, the salesman handed over
a ten rupee note to the happy palmist. At this juncture
I decided to test him. When I offered my palm, he
perused it through a hand lens and made all sorts of
calculations. Then he asked me to take a note pad in
my hand and write the answers for his questions on that
without showing it to him. In fact, he told me that I
should take care to see that he should not see them at
all. He asked me to write numbers for my educational
qualifications, number of siblings, date of birth etc. etc.
After that was over, he asked me to keep that note pad
aside face down and hand over his fee. When a twenty
rupee note changed hands he was very happy. He took
it and placed it carefully in his diary. In those days when
3 rupees could get you a chicken biryani it was a
handsome remuneration. He started his diatribe
identifying me as the youngest of a family of four
brothers and three sisters. He also told me that I was a
high school drop out drawing a hundred and fifty rupees
as an attender. When I agreed with all that he continued
his predictions with my marriage and two children one a
boy and the other a girl. When I asked him the basis of
these he pointed out to various lines and explained their
significance. When I told him that what he had said was
all wrong, he told me that it was not so. He had rightly
told all the things following the numbers written down
on the paper which he had given. I had deliberately
misled him giving all the wrong clues. Though he was
not seeing what was written on the paper he was following
the movements of the top side of the pen and noting the
numbers put down on paper. The modus operandi of this
fellow was out! I told him secret and demanded my
money back. When he hesitated I pulled out his diary
and extracted my note from it and also that of the person
whose palm he had been reading before mine. When I
handed it to its rightful owner, he refused it and gave it
back to the palmist. This happened about 3 decades
back and since then I have been exposing any number
of these "palmists" by putting down wrong numbers
and making them talk nonsense.

After seeing these, I too decided to become a palmist
and have read palms of hundreds of people and have
told them accurately about their nature, past and have
predicted the future too. My readings of the past have
been very, very accurate because the past can be
verified and also known the person whose palm is being
read and the body language does the rest. Once when I
was traveling from Mangalore to Bangalore by train, half
the compartment had their palms read and all of them
agreed that what I had said was more than 90% correct.

A couple of years back, at St .John's Nursing College,
Bangalore had conducted an interaction with their students.
One girl came up on the stage and asked me about
palmistry, I told her that it was a science. She asked me
to read her palm. I said yes and called her on the stage.
My first statement was that she had a very strong will
power and wanted everything done her way. She agreed.
Then I told her quite a few things, one was that she got
money but it was not enough for her. I revealed that she
was very sick at the age of three and was almost given
up for dead. She asked more for more details when I told
her that she was the only daughter of a rich couple who
were in the gulf. Before she could react I also told her
she had got around 64% marks in her 12th standard exam.
Though these things almost floored her, she demanded more.
When I told her that the matter was personal and could
not be revealed in public, she insisted. At this I told her
that around the age of sixteen she had fallen in love with
her first cousin who was a few years older to her. Her
parents were very angry with that, had scolded both of
them and had forbidden them from meeting again and
spending time in each others company. This totally
shocked her and she was almost in tears. I told her that
I had revealed this because she had permitted me to do
that. When she agreed that all these were right, I told
her whether she would accept palmistry as a science
and she replied that it was not only a science but a very
accurate one at that. At this juncture one of her class
mates came on the stage and told me to tell about her.
I retorted that she was only child of her parents who had
thoroughly spoilt her by their over affection, she too was
speechless.

Of course all these do work on unsuspecting people.In all
our training programs, we ask the trainees to bring a new
person to the program on one of the days and I read their
palms with a very good degree of accuracy. How did I read
the girls palm so accurately? How do we tell people about
their past?One has to understand the human psychology
and be a shrewd reader of the body language to do that. I
will explain only one the above cases. The trainee nurse at
St. John's Nursing College was a Malayali catholic. Her
accent betrayed her language and the scapular her faith.
That she was wearing a lot of gold betrayed the affluence
of her parents. The marks in the 12th standard exams
were guessed because with such affluent parents she
would have been purchased a medical seat, that she was
in a nursing college showed that they were not very high.
They were certainly not very low and the guess was very
near the mark! About child hood illness, every one of us
would have gone through those! One can hardly recall
them and so all will agree with that. As for the girl's secret
of a love affair, every teenager will have a crush on some
one of the opposite sex, it could be a film star, a teacher,
a class mate or even a relative. My guess had hit the nail
on the head and the latter part was also true because
like in many other communities and sort of romantic
involvement among cousins is not liked!

I could give numerous such instances like that. The
confidence of the victim is won by some of the vague
things noted in the box. This is a guide for all those who
want to predict the future and reveal the past through
the "science" of palmistry, astrology, numerology or
whatever rubbish that goes by these names.Happy
predictions!

the keys

To become a successful palmist one need not know
anything about lines, mounds, whorls, swirls or whatever.
Just take a large size convex lens, pass your palms over
the subjects, take a serious look says a few ahems and
haws and start your career! These are the predictions
and character traits that will be admitted by 95% of
the people as applicable to them:

1.You are a strong personality and will do things exactly
the way you want.
2.You get plenty of money but it just gets spent( even a
beggar will agree with that)
3.You get self doubts many times, but finally you take
the right decision.
4.You are a very generous person.
5.You are liked very much by your friends and family.
6.(for the married) Your married life had problems
initially, but they sorted themselves out.
7.You had a lot of illness in your child hood.
8.Your child hood was a very happy period which you
are now missing as an adult.
1.(for the unmarried adult) You are in search of the
right partner, you have thought of quite a few ones
but have yet to meet the right one.
2.Your choicest of food is……….. (fill up the blank after
finding out whether the person is a vegetarian.)
3.( you may get into trouble if you say chicken
Manchurian for an orthodox vegetarian Brahmin lady!)
Your lucky color is…….. (note the color of the clothes
the person is wearing).
Your lucky number is …. ( anything from 0 to 9 will do.
Who will bother any way?)
When talking of the future say something good so that
the person will be happy. Who will come back and verify
that? But be careful if you predict something bad!
(end)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have exposed the art!